- Without compelling characters there is no story. Think about your own life experience and interesting people around you. Create 1-3 interesting characters.
- Describe each character in detail – e.g. their personalities, characteristics and what they want. Remember to ask: What, When, Why, Who and When….
- Make their individual goals at odds with the other characters.
- How do your characters interact?
- How will they achieve their goals?
- Allow your characters to suggest a story.
- Stop when you have a story idea.
This should take about 30 minutes. If you can’t come up with anything try another set of characters.